Saturday, August 18, 2007

Stuffed Strawberries

These are the best little dessert,and oh so easy to make! I have to admit that I made these for me tonight. They are one of my all time favorites. Great for picnics,dinner parties,Valentine's Day....any day really. I love the addition of vanilla but you can sub other extracts or liqueur. Cointreau is awesome ....dusted with shaved chocolate. I received this recipe in my in box a few months ago through one of those recipe swaps in cyberspace.



1 pint fresh strawberries
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, or to taste
2 tablespoons vanilla extract( the real stuff), or to taste


DIRECTIONS
Cut the tops off of the strawberries and stand upright on the cut side. Make a cut 3/4 of the way down from the tip of the strawberry towards the bottom on both sides.
Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth in a mixer. Place into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe into each strawberry and arrange on a serving platter.



source: Anne's Cafe and
Mommy Chef

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails